Blogging

A good friend of mine, Courtney, started a blog.  Not only is she a wonderful writer, but she is caring, thoughtful and funny.  I am excited to read about all of her adventures.

Courtney talked about my blog in her first post.  "...blogging may be a part of coping. A way to get everything she was feeling out. To release it."  She couldn't be more right.  


As things are happening during my day, I think about how I would blog them.  I do my best to focus on the writing.  I think about how I would describe the event and I try to put my feelings to words.  In doing this, in having a focus, I can prevent the sadness from crushing me.  I have less time to focus on the "what ifs" or the things we are missing out on.  My mind is busy doing something else.  It is still about Tripp, but in a more organized way.  


I haven't been posting everything I write.  Some of the writing is just for me.  The writing feels therapeutic.


Courtney also wrote, "Her blog evolved from fun, light snippets about her life to powerful words filled with courage and faith. She needed it and so did those of us who read it."


I did need this blog.  I still do need it.  It feels good to write and to know people are reading it.  It helps me feel like Tripp is being remembered.  


Before Tripp, I would describe my blog as filled with funny stories about Calder and stories making fun of Hugh!  I know that as the pain I am feeling becomes less fresh and raw it will slowly evolve back to that.  Until then, here are a couple of older posts I like.  


Funny story about Calder.  This post is from November.  If you liked that, you might like this.  It is from January and it also has Cleo!


Making fun of Hugh.  This post is from the October.  Included are a bunch of pictures from our adventure.  If you look closely you can see my little Tripp baby bump!  If you like that, you might also like this, and this.


Enjoy.

Comments

  1. I found my way over here through Courtney's blog. I just wanted to add my voice, saying that I am so sorry for what you're going through. Tripp is a beautiful little boy, and my heart breaks for you and your family. I pray for love, hope, and healing for you all.

    Jaimie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Another embarassing one

Guest Post Luke: Men at Ikea

4 hours off