Skip to main content

Blogging

A good friend of mine, Courtney, started a blog.  Not only is she a wonderful writer, but she is caring, thoughtful and funny.  I am excited to read about all of her adventures.

Courtney talked about my blog in her first post.  "...blogging may be a part of coping. A way to get everything she was feeling out. To release it."  She couldn't be more right.  


As things are happening during my day, I think about how I would blog them.  I do my best to focus on the writing.  I think about how I would describe the event and I try to put my feelings to words.  In doing this, in having a focus, I can prevent the sadness from crushing me.  I have less time to focus on the "what ifs" or the things we are missing out on.  My mind is busy doing something else.  It is still about Tripp, but in a more organized way.  


I haven't been posting everything I write.  Some of the writing is just for me.  The writing feels therapeutic.


Courtney also wrote, "Her blog evolved from fun, light snippets about her life to powerful words filled with courage and faith. She needed it and so did those of us who read it."


I did need this blog.  I still do need it.  It feels good to write and to know people are reading it.  It helps me feel like Tripp is being remembered.  


Before Tripp, I would describe my blog as filled with funny stories about Calder and stories making fun of Hugh!  I know that as the pain I am feeling becomes less fresh and raw it will slowly evolve back to that.  Until then, here are a couple of older posts I like.  


Funny story about Calder.  This post is from November.  If you liked that, you might like this.  It is from January and it also has Cleo!


Making fun of Hugh.  This post is from the October.  Included are a bunch of pictures from our adventure.  If you look closely you can see my little Tripp baby bump!  If you like that, you might also like this, and this.


Enjoy.

Comments

  1. I found my way over here through Courtney's blog. I just wanted to add my voice, saying that I am so sorry for what you're going through. Tripp is a beautiful little boy, and my heart breaks for you and your family. I pray for love, hope, and healing for you all.

    Jaimie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nicknames

All of Hugh's hockey buddies call him "Hammy".

Hugh has been calling Calder "Ham" for a long time. I can't even remember when it started.

Calder started calling Boone "Bean" when he first came home from the hospital. That evolved into "Boone Dog", "The Dog", and just simply, "Dog".  Boone is not a fan of nicknames. Often after we use one of his he will say, "I not Da Dog, I just Boone." Hilarious.

Boone has called Lawson "Dawsie" from about month two. (He called her "baby" for the first two months.) Last week Boone called her Lawson for the first time ever. It took a long time for him to put the "L" on Lawson. He would repeat after us "La La La La, Dawsie". He has said "Lawson" twice since the momentous occasion last week, but I think he got too much attention for using it and has moved back to "Dawsie". "Dawsie" likely isn't going any…

What I'm wearing

After my Simons' flop, I recently picked up three pairs of jegging capris at Costco. I think they were about $16 each. I got them in grey (above), teal (also above), and white. I absolutely love them and have been wearing them like crazy. My favorite of the two outfits is the bottom one. The jean jacket is Mavi and I HIGHLY recommend it. In fact, I recently bought another. Exact same style, different wash. This jacket was recommended by both Deena and Christy, so you really can't go wrong. The scarf is one I picked up this spring (Gap). I heart orange and teal. Last week I mentioned trying to define my signature look and that bottom one pretty much encapsulates it. . .
And here it is again. LOVE this one too. Cardigan and scarf are recent purchases along with the grey tee (Old Navy). Jeans are old (American Eagle) and shoes are old (Nine West). I can't wait to recreate this one!
These. Jeans. (Gap). I can't get enough of them. I wore them to professional development o…

Calder Update

Has Calder ever gotten into sports the last couple of months!?! Below he is at a Rush lacrosse game with Hugh and his buddy Kohen. Calder has been watching baseball, lacrosse, and now the hockey playoffs like crazy. In fact, he has stopped asking to watch any of his "shows". He just wants to watch sports. Oh. . . and add NASCAR to that list. Our boy loves his cars. I don't think that will ever change!

Here is Calder's funniest shark tooth yet. His permanent tooth pushed through in front of his baby tooth!  It was like this for weeks. No gap toothed grin for this boy! Below is the day it fell out!
Calder is doing so well in school. His teacher speaks of what a great student he is. Hearing her say these things actually makes me wish he used a few more manners and a bit more kindness at home! LOL. But, if he is going to be on his best behavior somewhere, I want it to be when we aren't around. Although it was great to hear about Calder's learning successes at pa…