Seriously, Hugh?

I have never taken time out of my "never long enough" work day to write a blog, but I need to get this off my chest.

Yesterday after work I hopped into the van only to notice that I had less than 1/4 of a tank.  It was cold.  I was wimpy.  I did not want to stop to fill it...BUT I did.  I usually go to Costco (cheap gas and on my way), but since I would have to fill it myself, I opted to fill-up at the full-service Co-op in Martensville.  Like I said, I was feeling wimpy.

Fast forward to this morning.

Hugh and I are sitting at the table discussing our days and I remember that my staff is going for drinks after work.  This means Hugh needs to take Calder and my recently filled van.  No big deal.  Hugh starts the car for me and we get our days started. 

As I am pulling out of the driveway, I take a look down at the gas gauge.  No surprise.  Less than 1/16 of a tank.  I can just see a sliver of space between the needle and the red line.  Deep Breath.  Serenity Now.  The low fuel light dinged just as I was pulling into the parking lot at Bowman.  I am not getting home without filling up. 

I may just limit my fill to $5. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another embarassing one

Guest Post Luke: Men at Ikea

4 hours off