Skip to main content

Odds and Ends

Last night we went to watch our niece, Madison's, last hip hop dance class.  She was terrific!  She is so coordinated and athletic.  She loved that Calder was there watching and kept looking over at him and coming over to hug him!  Calder loves Maddy and was chanting, "Maddy's dance"all evening.  Of course, I forgot both of our cameras!

* * *

Hugh goes back to work this Friday.  He is ready to go back.  Hugh needs to be busy and now that he is sleeping better, he feels like work is a good place for him to be.  I am nervous about him going back.  I know he will be fine, in fact he will be really good, but for 6 weeks we will have been a team in our grief and I have done a lot of leaning on Hugh during that time.  He will be gone for at least 8 hours a day and probably more.   I think that is more time than I have been alone since Tripp was born.  I have already made plans for a play date Friday morning and will work on making sure I have a full week planned for next week.   Hopefully with a bit of company, a to-do list, and Calder I will make it through that first week as smoothly as possible.

* * * 
Hugh and I finally have Calder holding onto his mini hockey stick with 2 hands!  Yipppeee!  Calder is really good at shouting, "he shoots.  He scores!" Often, it doesn't matter whether he gets the puck in the net or not.  If he makes contact with it, we hear, "he shoots. He scores!"  Next item to work on:  having the puck outside his body when he attempts to hit it.  It is hard to hit forward when it is in between your feet!

* * * 

We were at the Fun Factory on Sunday.  For those of you who don't know, it has a giant play apparatus for kids with tunnels, slides, climbing, and ball pits.  Calder head was full of tight curls from the humidity and all of his sweating!  I spent approximately 5 minutes total on it with Calder and it has put me weeks back in my C-Section recovery.  I can't believe how sore I am after that.  I am getting really frustrated with it.  I want to be able to do more with Calder and I want to be able to start working out.   These last few pounds NEED to go.

* * *
We are not sure what's on the agenda for today.  The last few days I have really let the sadness get to me, so today my goal is to not let that happen.  I don't really have a plan as to how I am going to do that, so I am not sure how successful I am going to be, but I am going to try!  Spending money seems to be our #1 go-to activity these days, so maybe we will head to the midtown this morning!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I'm wearing

After my Simons' flop, I recently picked up three pairs of jegging capris at Costco. I think they were about $16 each. I got them in grey (above), teal (also above), and white. I absolutely love them and have been wearing them like crazy. My favorite of the two outfits is the bottom one. The jean jacket is Mavi and I HIGHLY recommend it. In fact, I recently bought another. Exact same style, different wash. This jacket was recommended by both Deena and Christy, so you really can't go wrong. The scarf is one I picked up this spring (Gap). I heart orange and teal. Last week I mentioned trying to define my signature look and that bottom one pretty much encapsulates it. . .
And here it is again. LOVE this one too. Cardigan and scarf are recent purchases along with the grey tee (Old Navy). Jeans are old (American Eagle) and shoes are old (Nine West). I can't wait to recreate this one!
These. Jeans. (Gap). I can't get enough of them. I wore them to professional development o…

Calder Update

Has Calder ever gotten into sports the last couple of months!?! Below he is at a Rush lacrosse game with Hugh and his buddy Kohen. Calder has been watching baseball, lacrosse, and now the hockey playoffs like crazy. In fact, he has stopped asking to watch any of his "shows". He just wants to watch sports. Oh. . . and add NASCAR to that list. Our boy loves his cars. I don't think that will ever change!

Here is Calder's funniest shark tooth yet. His permanent tooth pushed through in front of his baby tooth!  It was like this for weeks. No gap toothed grin for this boy! Below is the day it fell out!
Calder is doing so well in school. His teacher speaks of what a great student he is. Hearing her say these things actually makes me wish he used a few more manners and a bit more kindness at home! LOL. But, if he is going to be on his best behavior somewhere, I want it to be when we aren't around. Although it was great to hear about Calder's learning successes at pa…

Nicknames

All of Hugh's hockey buddies call him "Hammy".

Hugh has been calling Calder "Ham" for a long time. I can't even remember when it started.

Calder started calling Boone "Bean" when he first came home from the hospital. That evolved into "Boone Dog", "The Dog", and just simply, "Dog".  Boone is not a fan of nicknames. Often after we use one of his he will say, "I not Da Dog, I just Boone." Hilarious.

Boone has called Lawson "Dawsie" from about month two. (He called her "baby" for the first two months.) Last week Boone called her Lawson for the first time ever. It took a long time for him to put the "L" on Lawson. He would repeat after us "La La La La, Dawsie". He has said "Lawson" twice since the momentous occasion last week, but I think he got too much attention for using it and has moved back to "Dawsie". "Dawsie" likely isn't going any…