Odds and Ends

Last night we went to watch our niece, Madison's, last hip hop dance class.  She was terrific!  She is so coordinated and athletic.  She loved that Calder was there watching and kept looking over at him and coming over to hug him!  Calder loves Maddy and was chanting, "Maddy's dance"all evening.  Of course, I forgot both of our cameras!

* * *

Hugh goes back to work this Friday.  He is ready to go back.  Hugh needs to be busy and now that he is sleeping better, he feels like work is a good place for him to be.  I am nervous about him going back.  I know he will be fine, in fact he will be really good, but for 6 weeks we will have been a team in our grief and I have done a lot of leaning on Hugh during that time.  He will be gone for at least 8 hours a day and probably more.   I think that is more time than I have been alone since Tripp was born.  I have already made plans for a play date Friday morning and will work on making sure I have a full week planned for next week.   Hopefully with a bit of company, a to-do list, and Calder I will make it through that first week as smoothly as possible.

* * * 
Hugh and I finally have Calder holding onto his mini hockey stick with 2 hands!  Yipppeee!  Calder is really good at shouting, "he shoots.  He scores!" Often, it doesn't matter whether he gets the puck in the net or not.  If he makes contact with it, we hear, "he shoots. He scores!"  Next item to work on:  having the puck outside his body when he attempts to hit it.  It is hard to hit forward when it is in between your feet!

* * * 

We were at the Fun Factory on Sunday.  For those of you who don't know, it has a giant play apparatus for kids with tunnels, slides, climbing, and ball pits.  Calder head was full of tight curls from the humidity and all of his sweating!  I spent approximately 5 minutes total on it with Calder and it has put me weeks back in my C-Section recovery.  I can't believe how sore I am after that.  I am getting really frustrated with it.  I want to be able to do more with Calder and I want to be able to start working out.   These last few pounds NEED to go.

* * *
We are not sure what's on the agenda for today.  The last few days I have really let the sadness get to me, so today my goal is to not let that happen.  I don't really have a plan as to how I am going to do that, so I am not sure how successful I am going to be, but I am going to try!  Spending money seems to be our #1 go-to activity these days, so maybe we will head to the midtown this morning!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another embarassing one

Guest Post Luke: Men at Ikea

4 hours off