Update

  1. My incision is feeling much better.  I noticed a big difference in how it was feeling at about 2.5 weeks after Tripp was born.  Now, if I do too much, it gets a bit sore by the end of the day, but nothing that would deter me from doing anything.  
  2. I am eating!  I still have moments where it gets hard.  My appetite is directly linked to how I am feeling.  I used to stuff my face when I was sad.  Now, my stomach gets upset and I don't feel hungry.  Strange how that changed.  Nevertheless, food is going down!
  3. Hugh and I are both starting to sleep lots better.  It is taking us less time to get to sleep and we are waking up less during the night.
  4. I don't know a ton about postpartum depression, but after my 3 really down days last week I had one good day and 2 o.k. days.  For the last 3 days I haven't had that heavy weight hanging over me and I don't feel it today either.
  5. Calder still occasionally asks about the baby.  Yesterday he said, "baby tummy".  His vocabulary is growing. . . He had never strung those two words together before.  I am glad he is too young to fully understand this.
  6. Hugh still needs to be busy.  He feels in better of control of his feelings if he can keep his mind going.  We are going to buy some tile in the next day or two so he can be at home with us and have a project to keep his mind and his hands busy.
  7. I, on the other hand, need my down time to think and I like to be at home at times so I can cry when I feel like it.  Writing has been my outlet and Hugh has really begun to understand its importance in my healing, which makes it easy for me to sit down and do it. 
  8. Calder is back to his daddy's boy ways.  It can be hard at times when he starts to cry when I change his diaper, because he wants daddy to do it, for example.  But, it is what it is and I am doing my best to take the small moments I get with him.  This morning I slept in a bit and Calder ran over to me and gave me a hug when I came out of my room.  He has NEVER done that before.  I hope a new trend is starting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another embarassing one

Guest Post Luke: Men at Ikea

4 hours off