Tripp's Bench

A friend of mine and Hugh's, Dianne, decided she wanted to do something for us - something for Tripp. In her words, "cooking isn't my thing", so she decided to start collecting money to have a bench put up in the park south of our house. The bench will contain a memorial plaque. Dianne is using her blog as the forum to inform people. Deena has also posted about it HERE. I have been thinking about posting about this for a week, but haven't been able to figure out the right way. I don't want people to feel obligated to donate, but in the same breath, I know Hugh and I are going to love sitting on that bench watching Calder play. I also know that if I don't say something about it, I will have a couple of people mention, after the fact, that they would have liked to have donated had they known. So here it is. Please see this LINK to find out what to do if you are interested and see this LINK for an update on the project. The updated link contains a really nice note from an anonymous donor. You can also see Dianne's blog on the bar on the right hand side of my blog "Young at Heart" if you want to see updates in the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another embarassing one

Guest Post Luke: Men at Ikea

4 hours off