Random Thoughts

I had to go bathing suit shopping last night (which I HATE), but I still haven't got my favorite suit fixed (if you want to read the embarrassing story about what happened to it look here) and the top to my only other suit has gone missing. I had no choice and I headed to the mall. Here is my question. Why the heck do some change rooms have curtains instead of doors? Especially ones where you have to take your bra off? They NEVER close all the way. Seriously?

I only ever clean well my house under the pressure of company. And by company, I mean people who don't come to my house on a regular basis.  In fact, I am not sure if my parents, siblings or close friends have ever seen my house really clean. I either need to have guests over on a more regular basis or try and start some better cleaning rituals.

Why does it always rain when I am headed to the lake?

I said "serenity now" in my head approximately 11 times this morning. Not unrelated, Calder had 9 timeouts today for anything from throwing cars, spitting, hitting, to slamming doors. Thankfully Hugh was home today or I may have lost my mind.

Hugh and I are watching all of the Harry Potter movies in order in anticipation of the new movie (this super idea was given to us by Deena and Kyla). We only have Deathly Hallows Part 1 left (for those non-Harry Potter fans that is the 7th and last movie before the one in theaters).  This has made me want to re-read all the books.

Have a great day!

Comments

  1. Sheldon and I have re-watched all the movies each time a new one is released, so we've seen them all quite a few times. I also had to re-read all the books this June, I was just too excited for the final movie to come out, I had to refresh myself. We are finally going to watch the last movie on Monday and I get teary eyed just thinking about it. I don't think I'm ready to say goodbye yet :(

    Jodi K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever tried Winners for bathing suits? It's my favourite! :) It's rare that you'll find them.. but when you do, it's wonderful! (ie. don't go if you're desperate... they won't have any for that exact reason. Similar to being dressperate)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jordan,
    Have you considered taking your favorite Walmart suit to a sewing repair shop. For a couple of dollars you could have it repaired. I believe there is a shop beside Al Anderson's on Idywyld.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wise woman once told me that she never cleans for company . . . rather, she cleans when they leave!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Another embarassing one

Guest Post Luke: Men at Ikea

4 hours off