What Can I Do? (with a bit of help from Mother Teresa)


“It's not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.” 


On Tuesday The Globe And Mail came to our hotel room. I didn't get a chance to read it, but I was so intrigued by an article that I brought it home and read it last night.

The article was titled, The young and the tireless and was about kids and teens who take social action to a seriously high level.

These young adults are inspiring. They have found a passion and poured their hearts into them.  A couple of them have made over $100,000 for their foundations. Makes me wonder what I can do.


“We know only too well that what we are doing is nothing more than a drop in the ocean. But if the drop were not there, the ocean would be missing something.” 


A month or so ago I increased the ads on my blog. I had made just over $1.38 in the 6 months prior to that and I wasn't happy about it! My blog isn't meant to be about making money, but people are reading, so I figure if companies want to pay me for the traffic that clicks on their ads, why wouldn't I take their money? As I said right from the start, I don't need money, but I know The Saskatchewan Children's Hospital could definitely use it and all money made here will go to their foundation.

In November I made $3.63 and it looks like my total for December will be over $5 (but Adsense won't have a finalized summary for a few more days). I am extremely pleased. If I can write The Saskatchewan Children's Hospital a cheque for $50 from money paid to me by Adsense this time next year I will be very happy.


“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.” 


I really do want to do more, but I am going to have to think more on a way that isn't just something to do so I "have a cause". I want to do something I am passionate about. Hmmmm. . .


“What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family.” 

This seems like the perfect place to start.


Comments

  1. Very wise that Mother Teresa was.... I LOVE that last quote. I could not agree with her more. Peace starts at the micro level, with us all choosing as individuals to live peacefully and love those close to us:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deena!

    Kelly, I absolute loved ALL of the Mother Teresa quotes I found. These were just the ones that fit with my post. Makes me want to read a biography/autobiography about her. I like how you said it is an individual choice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Another embarassing one

Guest Post Luke: Men at Ikea

4 hours off