Math on the Brain

I have math on my brain. I am up to me neck in marking and planning for next semester which is why my blogging has been put on the back burner. I went to lunch with my friend, Deena (Sushi! Ate way too much) and she suggested I blog about math. Here goes.

I thought I would share with you some of the mad math skills my students have by showing you a sample of what they are doing.

If you were in my Foundations/Pre-Calculus 10 Math class, you might see questions similar to these on your final exam. I would consider these questions to be of average difficulty.


If you were in my Pre-Calculus 20 Math class, you might see questions similar to these on your final exam. Again, these are average difficulty.

Don't be feel bad if you can't remember how to do this stuff! Math is not like riding a bike. If you don't use these specific skills, you will probably lose them! Quadratic functions, Trigonometry and Factoring are not quite "everyday" math!

Comments

  1. Lol, thank you for that last paragraph! I'm absolutely thrilled by the idea of being given this challenge, but am most definitely more challenged than just "average difficulty" :s Eeps! This math geek has lost her touch... obviously spending much too much time regrouping tens and hundreds.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that kind of stuff in high school Math. Calculus is where they lost me...

    Sadly, I look at that and have NO idea what any of it means anymore. Oh well, I guess I don't need to know about triangles and variables when I am giving massages at work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Respect.
    That is a completely different language to me and it gave me a headache just looking at it.
    Yowza. No wonder I didn't take Calculus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been helping the kids at work on their math homework. They haven't gotten to this unit yet :)

    Jes

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://musingmathematically.blogspot.com/

    Check out this blog - it's done by my coworker at Tommy. He's a brillian math teacher!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Another embarassing one

Guest Post Luke: Men at Ikea

Calder