Do a Breast Self Exam

Lisa Rendall passed away yesterday.  She was part of the morning radio show on C95 when I moved to Saskatoon and more recently has devoted much of her time to raising funds for Breast Cancer research.  This morning, I spent some time reading her blog.  She is a really good writer and talks very candidly about her battle with Breast Cancer.

I remember listening to her on the radio this year during the Breast Cancer Marathon on C95.  She said she was sick again.  She even sounded sick.  I was very sad when I heard the news of her death this morning.  I felt disconcerted that someone who was doing so much for the community I live in had to die.  I also wondered what her last moments were like and I thought about our last moments with Tripp.

Lisa Rendall often talked about the importance of early detection, so after I laid Calder down for his nap, I did a self breast exam.  I have a doctors appointment in a couple weeks so, I will get my doctor to do one as well.

* * *

Today, Calder and I went to drop-in gymnastics.  My sister, Jes, will be happy to know that Calder is starting to do forward rolls down a wedge mat on his own!  (Jes is a level 3 or 4 (I can't remember) Gymnastics coach and recently coached Team Sask at the Canada Winter Games)

I am going to spend this afternoon putting together our family video from Christmas.  I am also going to try and do January's video as well.   It feels good to scratch some of these things off my list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another embarassing one

Guest Post Luke: Men at Ikea

4 hours off