Skip to main content


We left on a ski/snowboarding trip with my family on the 22nd and got home last night. For those 5 days I unplugged myself from technology. I didn't check my blog (I had set those posts to be published before we left). I didn't check facebook or my email. I didn't text (which is no great feat since I often don't even know where my phone is let alone have it charged).

It felt good to be unplugged. I thought I might miss it, but in fact when I got home last night I wanted to continue to remain unplugged. Saddly, it wasn't to be. I needed to check my email to make and confirm some plans for later in the break. Once I got on the computer I couldn't help but check my blog and read all of the posts that I had missed on my blog list. After writing this, I am sure I will immediately go to facebook to see what I missed there. I am going to try and take more breaks from technology. Even just for a day at a time. It was refreshing.

I have lots to say about our holiday and our Christmas, but I am not sure when I will get to it. When we got to our destination I tried to turn on my camera with no success (and yes I changed the batteries!). I took lots of photos with other people's cameras, but I haven't got them from them yet. The story of our trip will be better with photos so it may just have to wait.

Hugh and I have a busy week planned with our first stop being Don's Photo to get my camera checked out! Hopefully it is a quick fix, because we have 2 more big adventures to document before the holidays are over.


Popular posts from this blog

What I'm wearing

After my Simons' flop, I recently picked up three pairs of jegging capris at Costco. I think they were about $16 each. I got them in grey (above), teal (also above), and white. I absolutely love them and have been wearing them like crazy. My favorite of the two outfits is the bottom one. The jean jacket is Mavi and I HIGHLY recommend it. In fact, I recently bought another. Exact same style, different wash. This jacket was recommended by both Deena and Christy, so you really can't go wrong. The scarf is one I picked up this spring (Gap). I heart orange and teal. Last week I mentioned trying to define my signature look and that bottom one pretty much encapsulates it. . .
And here it is again. LOVE this one too. Cardigan and scarf are recent purchases along with the grey tee (Old Navy). Jeans are old (American Eagle) and shoes are old (Nine West). I can't wait to recreate this one!
These. Jeans. (Gap). I can't get enough of them. I wore them to professional development o…

Calder Update

Has Calder ever gotten into sports the last couple of months!?! Below he is at a Rush lacrosse game with Hugh and his buddy Kohen. Calder has been watching baseball, lacrosse, and now the hockey playoffs like crazy. In fact, he has stopped asking to watch any of his "shows". He just wants to watch sports. Oh. . . and add NASCAR to that list. Our boy loves his cars. I don't think that will ever change!

Here is Calder's funniest shark tooth yet. His permanent tooth pushed through in front of his baby tooth!  It was like this for weeks. No gap toothed grin for this boy! Below is the day it fell out!
Calder is doing so well in school. His teacher speaks of what a great student he is. Hearing her say these things actually makes me wish he used a few more manners and a bit more kindness at home! LOL. But, if he is going to be on his best behavior somewhere, I want it to be when we aren't around. Although it was great to hear about Calder's learning successes at pa…


All of Hugh's hockey buddies call him "Hammy".

Hugh has been calling Calder "Ham" for a long time. I can't even remember when it started.

Calder started calling Boone "Bean" when he first came home from the hospital. That evolved into "Boone Dog", "The Dog", and just simply, "Dog".  Boone is not a fan of nicknames. Often after we use one of his he will say, "I not Da Dog, I just Boone." Hilarious.

Boone has called Lawson "Dawsie" from about month two. (He called her "baby" for the first two months.) Last week Boone called her Lawson for the first time ever. It took a long time for him to put the "L" on Lawson. He would repeat after us "La La La La, Dawsie". He has said "Lawson" twice since the momentous occasion last week, but I think he got too much attention for using it and has moved back to "Dawsie". "Dawsie" likely isn't going any…