The Book of Awesome

I felt like being inspired today, so I went to Ted.com. If you haven't been there check it out. It is a website dedicated to spreading ideas. Very cool. One of my all time favorite Ted Talks is THIS one. 

Once I got to Ted.com I looked at the menu on the left hand side and saw, "inspired." How perfect is that. I didn't even have to search to be inspired. It's like they knew I was coming. I randomly clicked on THIS one. It is Neil Pasricha: The 3 A's of awesome. Hugh got The Book Of Awesome by Pasricha for Christmas last year. The book is about finding awesome in our daily lives. It is filled with excerpts about finding your keys after looking forever (AWESOME!), the smell and sound of a campfire (AWESOME!), waking up and realizing it's Saturday (AWESOME!). 

The Book Of Awesome started as a blog. It started as a way for Pasricha to deal with his grief after a couple of devastating losses. It started with just one reader. His mom. And then it grew. And grew. It's now 3 books, a calendar, and an app!

Today I was inspired by Neil Pasricha.
  • Cuddling up with a sick child. AWESOME!
  • Thick snow drifting down on the weekend. AWESOME!
  • Eating raw cookie dough, but not so much that you get sick. AWESOME!
  • Your significant other surprising you at work with a coffee. AWESOME!
  • Coming home after work to supper already made. AWESOME!
What's on your AWESOME! list?

p.s. Calder went to the doctor. He has an ear infection and croup on top of the flu. More on that tomorrow, including how I made a complete and utter fool of myself.

Comments

  1. knowing I get to meet my new nefew tomorrow = awesome:)

    So sorry to hear about Calder! That is terrible news, poor little guy must feel awful!!!! I don't really know what croup is, but I think it is a cough...and can be really annoying. has he ever had an ear infection before?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Calder has had ear infections before, but he never pulls at his ears or complains. We often don't realize he's had them until we take him to the doctor when he just won't get better! Croup is a cough. That is basically all I know as well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Another embarassing one

Guest Post Luke: Men at Ikea

4 hours off