Climbing out of a swamp

If you ask me how work is, it won't matter what time of year it is, I will say, "busy." Sometimes it is the kind of busy I thrive on. There is plenty of work to be done, but with some organization and a little bit of hustle it is doable. Sometimes it is the "there's no end in sight", kind of busy. The kind that completely and totally stresses me out.

Last week I was the former. I was loving my work life. This week, I am the latter. I am exhausted and don't know how I am going to get it all done.

I just can't seem to figure out how I was managing last week. Could I not see the swamp on the horizon? Or did I think I would have the time to take a detour and avoid the swamp entirely? I am so, "there's no end in sight' busy that I can't even think straight. I have no clue what was going on in my head 5 minutes ago let alone last week!

It is days like today that I am so glad we have someone in to clean our house. When I got home exhausted  Wednesday night, I could relax. The floors were clean, toilets scrubbed, and cupboards wiped down. It is glorious! Splurge if you can afford it.

I am putting my "business only" hat on today and going to see if I can climb out of this swamp.

Comments

  1. Good luck Jordan! There always seems to be that calm before the storm when you are working in a school. You always get through it somehow!
    Glad to hear your houseclean is working out so well for you.
    Love Auntie Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming home to a clean house sounds heavenly. I think I need to indulge...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Another embarassing one

Guest Post Luke: Men at Ikea

4 hours off