IVIG Treatments - Update

Wednesday was my 5th treatment.

Weeks 1 and 2 were dreadful with pounding headaches.

Weeks 3 and 4 I barely had a headache at all.

Week 5 I am back to having a headache. What the heck?

These treatments are exhausting. Yes, I just sit there. On a bed. For 6 hours. But this blood product is kicking my butt! On most Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday nights I hit the hay between 8:00 pm and 8:30 pm.

I have been trying to have a snooze during my last couple of treatments and have had limited success. It is noisey and it seems like as soon as I nod off, my IV starts beeping, because of an air bubble or because it needs new product.

The staff at the Clinical Treatment Center are amazing. They are super friendly and dedicated to their jobs. They always fill up my water or get me a warm blanket as soon as they are required!

This past Wednesday the nurse decided to give my hand a break from the IV and instead put it in my forearm. I loved the freedom of not having it in my hand, although pulling off the tape was not nearly as easy on my arm as it was on my hand!

15 treatments to go! A quarter of the way done!

Have a great weekend!

Comments

  1. You're a trooper Jordan! Hang in there.
    Thinking of you
    Love Aunty Pat

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Another embarassing one

Guest Post Luke: Men at Ikea

4 hours off