My clean vs. Hugh's clean

The weather was gorgeous yesterday - which means I got to wear one of my new dresses (the black and white polka dot with the red sweater, for those of you who watched the video!). My classroom was screaming hot by the afternoon, so I was glad to have it.

Hugh and I had a meeting after school and as we gathered our stuff to head home in our respective vehicles we decided it was too nice to cook (not to mention we were short on time) and it would be fun to have a picnic (and we didn't have any picnic food at the house).  I ran home to get Calder and Hugh was in charge of food.

Monday is usually, "Meatless Monday" at our house, so in that spirit, Hugh bought cheese pizza. He also bought a chicken ranch pizza and some wings, so it was more like, "a bit less meat Monday"!

We laid out a blanket and had a picnic in the yard. It had cooled off considerably from the afternoon and the wind had picked up, but we had a great time. Calder ate 1/2 a chicken wing. The sandbox, slide, and running around the yard were way more important than eating!

When we were finished Hugh headed in to clean up and Calder and I stayed out for a few extra minutes. We had noticed a "land mine" a.k.a. dog poop on the lawn earlier and put Calder's large car over top of it so it wouldn't get stepped on. Calder rarely plays with that car, but he insisted after supper. I told him to be mindful of the land mine and watched him slowly and successfully manoeuvre the car around it. I hauled in another load from our picnic and when I came out I noticed a tiny compression mark in the recently laid land mine. I had my suspicions where the mark came from and they were confirmed when I inspected Calder's feet. I headed inside to inform Hugh of Mr. Dog-Poop-Foot and get a bucket of warm soapy water together.

I got busy doing some things inside and about 15 minutes later I heard Calder tromping around getting ready for a snack. I walked upstairs only to see the bucket of suds and soap in the exact spot that I had left it. I took a deep breath and calmly asked Hugh if he washed Calder's feet.

He replied, ". . . No. I looked at the bottom and couldn't see any poop so I figured it was clean enough."

"Do we live in the 13th century?"

"Uhhh. . . No"

"Then you should know, GERMS ARE INVISIBLE!" Sigh.

Hugh grabbed the bucket and gave Calder's feet a rinse. Better late than never, I guess.

p.s. Thanks to Deena for the new header!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another embarassing one

Guest Post Luke: Men at Ikea

4 hours off