Skip to main content

Welcome Back

The welcome back is for myself. I hadn't planned on taking a blogging break. It just happened. Things were too busy with family to make time for me - and that was okay. There hasn't been a day that goes by that I haven't thought of something I wanted to write about. I just didn't take the time to do it.

So here I am in 2013. I feel quite different than I did a year ago. At the start of 2012 Hugh and I were making family plans and it was quite stressful. In 2013 we are stressed awaiting the arrival of the decision we came to a year ago.

I am relieved to get to 2013. I don't want to have this baby early, but I really didn't want to have it in December. I am 31 weeks now and at 32 weeks premies have a very good rate of survival. Our premie maybe in a different boat because of NH, but I will be glad when next Wednesday rolls around and I officially hit #32.

2012 marked the last of my "Grief Firsts" and it also marked a time where I learned more about what my grief will look like in the years to come. I have learned I can't predict how I will feel, but I have also learned a lot about myself in 2012. That being said, I can barely fathom how it has been almost two years since we lost Tripp.

I am not making a New Year's Resolution for 2013. I often make resolutions around around exercising, but my Braxton Hicks barely allow me to be on my feet for an hour, let alone allow me to go for a run. I am trying to enjoy my rounded figure and the changes in my body, but I really do like my regular body and am looking forward to getting into a workout and eating routine once I get healed after this baby arrives!

In 2013 I am looking forward to watching Calder learn. He is a sponge and we are constantly amazed by what he can learn. I also look forward to meeting my baby. I have started to picture 2013 and in it there is a baby. It makes me smile.

Wishing you all the best in 2013.

Comments

  1. Happy New Year to you, Hugh, and Calder. All the best in 2013.

    Tuombomb and family.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What I'm wearing

After my Simons' flop, I recently picked up three pairs of jegging capris at Costco. I think they were about $16 each. I got them in grey (above), teal (also above), and white. I absolutely love them and have been wearing them like crazy. My favorite of the two outfits is the bottom one. The jean jacket is Mavi and I HIGHLY recommend it. In fact, I recently bought another. Exact same style, different wash. This jacket was recommended by both Deena and Christy, so you really can't go wrong. The scarf is one I picked up this spring (Gap). I heart orange and teal. Last week I mentioned trying to define my signature look and that bottom one pretty much encapsulates it. . .
And here it is again. LOVE this one too. Cardigan and scarf are recent purchases along with the grey tee (Old Navy). Jeans are old (American Eagle) and shoes are old (Nine West). I can't wait to recreate this one!
These. Jeans. (Gap). I can't get enough of them. I wore them to professional development o…

Nicknames

All of Hugh's hockey buddies call him "Hammy".

Hugh has been calling Calder "Ham" for a long time. I can't even remember when it started.

Calder started calling Boone "Bean" when he first came home from the hospital. That evolved into "Boone Dog", "The Dog", and just simply, "Dog".  Boone is not a fan of nicknames. Often after we use one of his he will say, "I not Da Dog, I just Boone." Hilarious.

Boone has called Lawson "Dawsie" from about month two. (He called her "baby" for the first two months.) Last week Boone called her Lawson for the first time ever. It took a long time for him to put the "L" on Lawson. He would repeat after us "La La La La, Dawsie". He has said "Lawson" twice since the momentous occasion last week, but I think he got too much attention for using it and has moved back to "Dawsie". "Dawsie" likely isn't going any…

Calder Update

Has Calder ever gotten into sports the last couple of months!?! Below he is at a Rush lacrosse game with Hugh and his buddy Kohen. Calder has been watching baseball, lacrosse, and now the hockey playoffs like crazy. In fact, he has stopped asking to watch any of his "shows". He just wants to watch sports. Oh. . . and add NASCAR to that list. Our boy loves his cars. I don't think that will ever change!

Here is Calder's funniest shark tooth yet. His permanent tooth pushed through in front of his baby tooth!  It was like this for weeks. No gap toothed grin for this boy! Below is the day it fell out!
Calder is doing so well in school. His teacher speaks of what a great student he is. Hearing her say these things actually makes me wish he used a few more manners and a bit more kindness at home! LOL. But, if he is going to be on his best behavior somewhere, I want it to be when we aren't around. Although it was great to hear about Calder's learning successes at pa…