Skip to main content

Luke's Big Day

Tomorrow is the big day. My brother, Luke, is getting married. 

Luke is 5 years younger than me and for our entire childhood he was my "baby" brother. I remember attentively watching my mom change his diaper and later reading him book after book before bed. Luke and I are a lot alike. We had our own special ball game that the two of us played on our front lawn and spent hours in the winter on our outdoor rink (mostly playing hockey, as Luke would refuse to play ringette). We listened to the same music and were a united front when our sister, Jessica, went on a tear*. Even as we got older I still felt this mama bear protection for him. I would race home from University on a Friday to get Luke from school and pick him up in the wee hours of the morning when he needed a safe ride home.

I think I may have been (and still are) a tiny bit overprotective of Luke - although in more recent years he has been known to be equally protective of me (an incident at the Warman Rodeo involving a cowboy hat comes to mind, not to mention the times he has defended teachers and stood up for us with those who don't understand how grief works).

I always wondered about the kind of girl Luke would marry and the control freak that I am can honestly say that I couldn't have picked out a more perfect wife for him myself. Brittany is kind, compassionate, loving and stands up for what she believes. She is fun to be around, easy to talk to and always exudes a positive aura. She eased her way into our family so smoothly that I almost can't remember what it was like without her in it. And the best part about Brittany, she loves Luke just as much as we do.  The following images were taken by photos by sarah




I can't wait to be part of their beautiful life.

*Jes was the toughest and meanest of the three of us growing up.  Now, that's not to say that we didn't have fun with Jes. It just meant that when she was looking for a specific gymnastics suit before practice you dropped whatever you were doing to look for it. Or else. 

Comments

  1. Pass on congrats to Luke from the Raczynski family!!

    Leanne Curtin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nicknames

All of Hugh's hockey buddies call him "Hammy".

Hugh has been calling Calder "Ham" for a long time. I can't even remember when it started.

Calder started calling Boone "Bean" when he first came home from the hospital. That evolved into "Boone Dog", "The Dog", and just simply, "Dog".  Boone is not a fan of nicknames. Often after we use one of his he will say, "I not Da Dog, I just Boone." Hilarious.

Boone has called Lawson "Dawsie" from about month two. (He called her "baby" for the first two months.) Last week Boone called her Lawson for the first time ever. It took a long time for him to put the "L" on Lawson. He would repeat after us "La La La La, Dawsie". He has said "Lawson" twice since the momentous occasion last week, but I think he got too much attention for using it and has moved back to "Dawsie". "Dawsie" likely isn't going any…

What I'm wearing

After my Simons' flop, I recently picked up three pairs of jegging capris at Costco. I think they were about $16 each. I got them in grey (above), teal (also above), and white. I absolutely love them and have been wearing them like crazy. My favorite of the two outfits is the bottom one. The jean jacket is Mavi and I HIGHLY recommend it. In fact, I recently bought another. Exact same style, different wash. This jacket was recommended by both Deena and Christy, so you really can't go wrong. The scarf is one I picked up this spring (Gap). I heart orange and teal. Last week I mentioned trying to define my signature look and that bottom one pretty much encapsulates it. . .
And here it is again. LOVE this one too. Cardigan and scarf are recent purchases along with the grey tee (Old Navy). Jeans are old (American Eagle) and shoes are old (Nine West). I can't wait to recreate this one!
These. Jeans. (Gap). I can't get enough of them. I wore them to professional development o…

Calder Update

Has Calder ever gotten into sports the last couple of months!?! Below he is at a Rush lacrosse game with Hugh and his buddy Kohen. Calder has been watching baseball, lacrosse, and now the hockey playoffs like crazy. In fact, he has stopped asking to watch any of his "shows". He just wants to watch sports. Oh. . . and add NASCAR to that list. Our boy loves his cars. I don't think that will ever change!

Here is Calder's funniest shark tooth yet. His permanent tooth pushed through in front of his baby tooth!  It was like this for weeks. No gap toothed grin for this boy! Below is the day it fell out!
Calder is doing so well in school. His teacher speaks of what a great student he is. Hearing her say these things actually makes me wish he used a few more manners and a bit more kindness at home! LOL. But, if he is going to be on his best behavior somewhere, I want it to be when we aren't around. Although it was great to hear about Calder's learning successes at pa…