Skip to main content

IVIG Treatment Update

Yesterday, was hump day. I am now officially over 1/2 way done my treatments!

I have been finding that water is key for me. If I can stay saturated, I can usually keep the headaches at bay. Even in the days following my treatments if I feel an IVIG headache coming on (they start in my forehead) and I drink water, I can usually keep them at bay. I do find that the treatments really take a lot of energy out of my, though. Thursdays and Fridays are challenging days for me. Just. So. Tired.

Yesterday was the first day I felt tired of the treatments. I am sure it has to do with being tired in general, but I am finding whatever novelty there was of rushing to the hospital on Wednesday mornings  is wearing off.

I do keep busy on Wednesdays, though. Shopping, knitting, making lists, watching videos, chatting on the phone, and the occasional catnap keep the day flowing by at a steady pace. Having visitors has also been awesome. Especially when they bring me lunch or a treat (the turkey hospital sandwiches cannot compare to McDonalds, sushi, muffins, or cookies!)

I think right now the best part of Wednesdays is a full 6 hours off of my feet. My Braxton Hicks are back and bigger than ever, which means the more I relax, the better my belly feels. The baby spends a lot of the day kicking and it is peaceful to have time to focus just on it.

The countdown is on. Next week's number is 9!

If you need a laugh today, try THIS. I think the nurses thought I might be a bit crazy when I laughed out loud at it yesterday. Hugh would be EXACTLY like the dad in this post!


  1. How exactly does an IVI G treatment work?


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What I'm wearing

After my Simons' flop, I recently picked up three pairs of jegging capris at Costco. I think they were about $16 each. I got them in grey (above), teal (also above), and white. I absolutely love them and have been wearing them like crazy. My favorite of the two outfits is the bottom one. The jean jacket is Mavi and I HIGHLY recommend it. In fact, I recently bought another. Exact same style, different wash. This jacket was recommended by both Deena and Christy, so you really can't go wrong. The scarf is one I picked up this spring (Gap). I heart orange and teal. Last week I mentioned trying to define my signature look and that bottom one pretty much encapsulates it. . .
And here it is again. LOVE this one too. Cardigan and scarf are recent purchases along with the grey tee (Old Navy). Jeans are old (American Eagle) and shoes are old (Nine West). I can't wait to recreate this one!
These. Jeans. (Gap). I can't get enough of them. I wore them to professional development o…

Calder Update

Has Calder ever gotten into sports the last couple of months!?! Below he is at a Rush lacrosse game with Hugh and his buddy Kohen. Calder has been watching baseball, lacrosse, and now the hockey playoffs like crazy. In fact, he has stopped asking to watch any of his "shows". He just wants to watch sports. Oh. . . and add NASCAR to that list. Our boy loves his cars. I don't think that will ever change!

Here is Calder's funniest shark tooth yet. His permanent tooth pushed through in front of his baby tooth!  It was like this for weeks. No gap toothed grin for this boy! Below is the day it fell out!
Calder is doing so well in school. His teacher speaks of what a great student he is. Hearing her say these things actually makes me wish he used a few more manners and a bit more kindness at home! LOL. But, if he is going to be on his best behavior somewhere, I want it to be when we aren't around. Although it was great to hear about Calder's learning successes at pa…


All of Hugh's hockey buddies call him "Hammy".

Hugh has been calling Calder "Ham" for a long time. I can't even remember when it started.

Calder started calling Boone "Bean" when he first came home from the hospital. That evolved into "Boone Dog", "The Dog", and just simply, "Dog".  Boone is not a fan of nicknames. Often after we use one of his he will say, "I not Da Dog, I just Boone." Hilarious.

Boone has called Lawson "Dawsie" from about month two. (He called her "baby" for the first two months.) Last week Boone called her Lawson for the first time ever. It took a long time for him to put the "L" on Lawson. He would repeat after us "La La La La, Dawsie". He has said "Lawson" twice since the momentous occasion last week, but I think he got too much attention for using it and has moved back to "Dawsie". "Dawsie" likely isn't going any…