Last Friday Sleep In

Today is it. The last Friday I got to sleep in before heading back to work. I am sad, but not that sad.

Hugh and I have headed into our respective schools every day this week. We have been putting in shorter days (about 9 am to 3 pm) and heading out for lunch a few of the days. It has been a great way to get back to into the swing of things. I have got a ton of work accomplished and feel really good. I really do like a routine. And for whatever reason I wasn't able to get into one this summer. It is nice to be back in a bit of a groove. Today we decided that we weren't going to go in to work. We have some BIG plans for the weekend and we wanted to get started on them (will post about it next week!).

Right now I am enjoying a coffee (GASP. I know. Shouldn't be drinking because of my acid reflux. But seriously, it is my LAST Friday off. I needed a treat.) and some peanut butter toast*. A deadly combination as far as I am concerned. I am then going to summon my inner super mom and spring into "Let's have the best last weekend possible before heading back to school" mode.

The weather doesn't look that great for tomorrow, but I am not going to let it get me down. We will have fun this weekend - even if I have to turn into a Fun Dictator (because demanding that people have fun creates oodles of it).

To all my colleagues out there - Have a wonderful last weekend of summer!

*I despise the new Kraft Peanut Butter Jars. I'm not the only one. See what Kraft said to a fellow complainer HERE.

p.s. Calder and I tied our DLTBHTF world record with 34 hits last night.

Comments

  1. <3 Enjoy it! I can't wait to see what you, as fun police, create for the weekend! :) :)

    ps...nicely done ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Another embarassing one

Guest Post Luke: Men at Ikea

4 hours off