Things that make me happy:
- Connecting over the phone. This is sort of a weird one for me, because I typically don't phone people and my introverted self occasionally even ignores the phone when it rings, but after having a good chat with someone I always feel elated. I need to figure out a way to make phone calls more a part of my routine. . . such an easy way to get a bit of a high.
- A good book. The problem with this one is that it typically will consume me. I will binge read it until it is finished. I won't do housework. I won't cook. I will even ignore my children. oops. I haven't read anything since the summer. Clearly this is for good reason.
- Coffee. Man, I love this drink. My acid reflux does not. I have found a product that reduces the acidity in the coffee that allows me to have the occasional cup. It has been a little piece of heaven on the occasional morning.
- My kids getting along. Don't the sounds of siblings who are working, sharing, and playing together sound like angels singing in every mother's ears? The boys play "okay" together, but now that Lawson is in the mix things are going to get interesting. Calder has already asked me a couple of times to "get Lawson out of the way" and even carried her upstairs from the basement once because she wouldn't leave him alone.
- Fall clothes. As you know I have been purchasing a few new items to spruce up my fall wardrobe. Deena is always good at helping me know what items are trending during certain seasons. A few items on my list to get were a sweater, pink top, floral scarf, plaid scarf and moto jacket.
Scarf is from Ardene. My sister-in-law Brittany encouraged me to look there when I couldn't find a floral one I liked online. They have dozens of different patterns and materials and most are 2 for $20. Pants are from Costco (last year, but I saw they have them again), top was clearance at Joe Fresh, coat Bench (old) and boots I can't even remember the brand but they too are old!
Everything here is old but the jacket (Simons). I am finally starting to feel comfortable in the booties. I have had these since I was pregnant with Tripp, but have barely worn them. The top underneath is navy. I liked the slight contrast in real life, but it doesn't really come through in the picture.
Again, everything here is old except the scarf (Simons). Again it is hard to tell, but it is dark grey with a bright, thin lined, plaid. I have really enjoyed the fact that I only need a handful of items to update my closet for each season. It is much easier on the pocket book when I don't have to do a complete overhaul.
Have a great Monday!