Exhausted

Today was my first day back at work.  It went great!  It was so nice to be welcomed back by colleagues.  One even left a note and some chocolates on my desk.  I also had some former students stop by and say hi.  I almost didn't recognize a few of the boys, as I don't think they have cut their hair since I left.

I really enjoyed my classes...for the most part. I have one really challenging group that I get every other day, last period of the day.  They are math 9's and for those of you who don't know, this is the most unproductive period of the day for these kids.  And I clearly hadn't looked at my class list very well, because as the students filed in, I began to notice the absence of girls.  Yes.  I have 34 boys and 2 girls in this class.  Eighteen boys and 18 girls is a challenge. I'm not sure what I would call 34 boys and 2 girls?

Calder did excellent with Kerri today.  Had two naps (1 hour 45 minutes each), ate quesadillas like a champ and played outside.

Hugh had meetings tonight, so it was just Calder and I for supper, bath and bed.

Needless to say, I will be retiring early tonight!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another embarassing one

Guest Post Luke: Men at Ikea

4 hours off