My Happiness Project

So many people have been posting about the book Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis that I desperately want to read it. I had meant to go to Indigo weeks ago to pick it up. Apparently, it is the kind of book that you make notes in and reference later, so your own copy is key. Needless to say, I didn't get to Indigo. I should have known myself and immediately ordered it online, but alas, I sometimes forget who I am.

The desperation to get this book has been born from this sense lately, that I just want to be better. I don't really know what that means but somehow Rachel Hollis's book was going to help me be better. When I didn't have it this past Friday when Hugh and the little two were at the lake I got to thinking about My Happiness Project. Shortly after Tripp died, I bought the book The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin and started implementing many of her ideas into my life to help combat the grief. (I hilariously thought that was a thing!) Like most of the things I do, I feel off the reading wagon and eventually gave the project up. On Friday, with a new sense of purpose, I located the book on our office desk and started off on page 1. I am happy to report that a few of her ideas I still currently hold, which made me feel better about having quit!

Last night I finished chapter 3. In it Rubin talks about improving her work life. One of the things she does is start a blog. Although this space rarely has to do with my work, the happiness she found from starting a blog reminded me of the happiness I get from writing. She even talks about how she create a post in 15 minutes. . . In my mind I need 30 min to an hour, but you know what, I wrote this in less than 10.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another embarassing one

Guest Post Luke: Men at Ikea

4 hours off