Single Parenting

Is hard.  And I have loved every minute of it.

Hugh is away adjusting crops for hail insurance in Alberta.  He left last Thursday morning and will be home on Wednesday.  We are at the half way point.

I have been amazed at how much I have learned about Calder in the past few days during our intense 1-on-1 time.  Instead of passing him off to Hugh when he is grumpy and I am busy (cooking, laundry, facebooking :-), etc.), I have discovered ways to make him happy and still get what I am doing done.  Obviously, any of the "Jordan time" things, just get tossed to the side (saved for during nap time), but during the cleaning and especially cooking time, I have really learned to multitask a child and my job as cook and maid:-)

I guess I had done this before, but I not to the extent that I have done it the pass few days.  I am lucky to have a great husband who is able to be around most evenings and does more than his share around the house.  So before this, I have never really had to parent alone.

Calder and I are having a fabulous time.  Our days are best spent busy and outside, so that is exactly what we are doing. We have been enjoying visiting with friends, heading to the zoo and swimming in the Martensville pool and our backyard.  Not to mention the fun we're having during countless walks and trips to the park.

I will say, Calder has been missing his daddy.  He calls for him and has even had a couple of cranky spells asking for Hugh.  Although, we are surviving on our own quite well, we are very glad that there are only 3 more sleeps until Daddy is home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another embarassing one

Guest Post Luke: Men at Ikea

4 hours off