Five on Friday


  1. Back. To. Work. It has been crazy. So crazy that I looked at my blog for the first time in 4 days, yesterday. The first day of school was chaos. On the second day, things started looking up. By yesterday, I felt like I was finally catching up to the pace the treadmill was set at. I am definitely still running really hard, but I am in pretty decent shape so I can manage it. I think.
  2. Last week Hugh and I were reading with Calder and he came across the word, "Yes". He got so excited, threw his arms in the air and exclaimed, "That is my favorite word." Hugh and I were confused until Calder explained that when he is playing his monster truck game on the iPad, "Yes" is the button he presses to buy a new truck when he has made enough "money." Oy.
  3. Boone refusing to drink milk at daycare. He doesn't care if it is in a cup or bottle; he doesn't want anything to do with it. My doctor said that he should be getting about 20 ounces at his age. I am still nursing in the morning and before bed. I would guess he is maybe getting about 10 ounces there. He might drink 2 at daycare, leaving us 8 ounces short. I am not worried about it (well, not overly, anyway). We can't make him drink it, so I'm not sure what there is to do about it. Actually, I think the most upsetting part is that I have a freezer full of milk that is not getting drank! All that work - it needs to get used! 
  4. After the coldest winter in the history of winters, I am glad spring is here. I bought some new rubber boots to celebrate. I LOVE them. They have been great to wear to work in this slushy weather. Hugh keeps asking me if I need another pair. I think it is some backhanded joke about me already owning a pair rubber boots. His joke is really going to backfire on him when I purchase THESE. . . Oh, and THESE.
  5. Last night Hugh's mom called and as I picked up our land line, Calder grabbed my cell and pretended to answer it and talk to Grandma. I spoke to Hugh's mom for 3 or 4 minutes, dealt with Boone for a couple and then started running the tub in the main bath. It was only then that it dawned on me that I hadn't heard Calder in a few minutes. I wasn't shocked when I called and he didn't answer. He like to ignore. I went on the hunt and found our bedroom door closed. There might as well been a flashing arrow. I knew I had found him. I turned the handle to let myself in and it was locked (for probably the first time since we moved in). I called out to Calder to open it and there was no response. I called again for him and said if he didn't open it he would get a time out. I still heard nothing so began counting to 3. In those 3 seconds I started panicking. What if he had drowned? I'm not sure why that worry seemed relevant. We only have a shower in the en suite. What if he had hit his head and was lying unconscious? When I hit 3 and still heard nothing I immediately jimmied the lock and let myself in. At that exact moment, Calder sat up in bed, clicked my iPhone to off, and tossed it to the side. The little turkey had scammed my phone and was playing his monster truck game. He only gets to play his game on the weekend, and only on occasion, when we give permission. What a sneak! It was all I could do to keep from giggling. He might have gotten away with it if he had just opened the door when I asked!

Comments

  1. Great boots! You need to get the Hunter socks for them now- they are the coziest things you'll ever have on your feet and will want to wear them around the house. The Bay/Town Shoes carries them in town....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Another embarassing one

Guest Post Luke: Men at Ikea

4 hours off